Thursday, April 1, 2010

Lamium 'Pink Chablis'


Spring is finally here! Woot! It has been so long since I've done anything more than hardscaping and starting seeds with all the winter weather, but now I'm actually putting some stuff in the dirt. One of my big projects from this past winter was removing a large amount of nasty plants from a bank like poison ivy and kudzu. It is now hot & dry, and I need to cover it with some vegetation.

One that I'm considering is this form of Lamium called 'Pink Chablis.' It's deer resistant, which isn't neccessarily an issue for me being near downtown Asheville, but it does tolerate hot & dry rather well. Check it out over at B.B. Barns if this plant seems like it could work for you.

3 comments:

  1. Is this good for shade or sun?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Off topic...but do you have the "Summer Snow" in yet? I was at the spring fling at Yesterday's Tree and have yet to make it to B.B. Barns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, missed these comments. Sorry about that. The Lamium is good for sun or shade, spreading well in both conditions. I think it looks better during the late summer, though, if it is given protection from afternoon shade.

    And yes, we do have the Summer Snow in stock now.

    ReplyDelete